Today HellBaron89 released Venom mod 5.4 for RTCW.
Full compatibility with Rtcw 1.41, Knightmare and ioRTCW engines.
The release includes:
- More optimizations, better effects on weapons.
- Revisited AI and cutscenes of levels.
- Lens effect on 3d binocular model.
- Added 3rd person model fg42 from Wolfenstein ET.
- Ported pre-release thompson gun model (from E3 2001).
- Better textures for helmets.
- Added specular for blood decals.
- New HD textures for MP/SP mode.
- New effects for flamethrower, candles, fire and torches (and human torches).
Source: Hellbaron89 on MODDB
Macchute has released his first beta of the map Minelabs. (Allies attack map)
Changelog since previous version:
– The gate that previously gave the axis instant acces to the delivery point of the key in the first stage of the map is now closed until the key is delivered forcing the axis to either take a longer route or push through the commanders room where the key is found in order to stack on the delivery point. this will make teamwork and communication more vital in the first stage.
– An opel blitz with mg42 is added outside the forest route near the headquarters to give axis more control of the middle hill in the first stage.
– The compound where the ammunition supply is has been mirrored and turned to increase the distance that the axis have to travel to the anti tank gun, this will make it easier for allied field ops to prevent the axis from defusing the dynamite once it’s planted (using air strikes). furthermore a tunnel has been added to give the allies a protected route to capture the ammunition supply in the second stage as well as to sabotage the axis commandpost
– Once the tank reaches the house with the commandpost the axis can no longer spawn in the commandpost house no matter if they have constructed it or not.
– The clip of the tank is now correct and custom command voices is now added, proudly recorded and created by Finn and Fabi.
– The germans has built a laboratory in an old mine since they discovered a copper-carbon based superconductor with the molar mass 666g/mol.
The mineral offers exceptional magnetic features and this is now used in an anti aircraft prototype gun. It can launch time fused shell at 2 mach. This makes the gun extremely hard to avoid as pilot. The allies must destoy the prototype and transmitt the documentation.
- Steal the key on the table
Bring the key to the gate and open the gate
Blow up the anti tank gun and the tank will show up and guide you to the minelabs
Inside the labs you should try to access the third level, the axis spawn on the second level,
then you steal the documents and take them to the transmitter and blow up the prototype gun.
Notice: New map file with Scriptfix.
Botfiles will be added later on in this post.
Source: Macchute in UJE Clan Forums
Interested in working with talented devs and making your mark on brand-new @Wargaming.net projects? Then check out the list of available positions at our London based studio right here: http://www.splashdamage.com/careers #gamedevjobs
Source: Splashdamage thru Facebook
Over the past few months there has been some development on a new ET client. As of now its a work in progress client and will be subject to change and updates over the next few months.
Right now the client fully supports lua and has a lot of settings you can tweak and change.
Our biggest accomplishment so far with this client is that we are able to fully support ETpro 3.2.6 without any problems.
ETpro 3.2.6(non punkbuster)
Jaymod 2.2.0 ( also supports F|A Servers )
I will post the lua script that we have made so you can get a general idea of what can be capable with this client. As of now its private and will be released soon with full feature and api wiki.
Heres a small video showing it working.
If anyone is interested in testing it out privately and/or help make scripts for it feel free to get in contact with on Trackbase.
Been awhile since interview, so time to make a new one with ET Mapper Teuthis mostly know for ET maps like, Teuthonia Final and Siwa Teuthonia.
Q. Thanks Teuthis for taking time for this interview. How are you?
Thanks a lot for inviting me, I’m doing very well.
Q. Can you tell our readers a bit about yourself?
Sure thing. I’m German and will turn 40 this year. I ´m working as a scientist in a leading position at a large Research Institute. I am actually the vice director of this institute. I am married and have a 9 months old son.
Q. How did you come up with the name Teuthis?
The name originates from the giant squid Architeuthis. With his 10 arms he reminded me a bit on myself playing ET. And I love scuba diving and have seen lots of squids and think they are awesome creatures.
Q. Haven’t seen you for a while with mapping. Been busy elsewhere?
Yes, very busy. We recently bought a house and together with my work and the family this keeps me very busy.
Q. Any new maps in the making?
Well, I do have some unfinished projects on my desk. There is an unfinished pirate-style map called Tortuga and also a 3rd teuthonia map (port_Teuthonia).
Q. Teuthonia Final and Siwa Teuthonia were 2 maps out of 3 you had planned and they were all connected togheter somehow? What was the third map?
Correct, the third map is called port_teuthonia. The basic idea behind this trilogy is that the story starts with siwa_teuthonia, in which the allies have to get access into the village of teuthonia. In the second map of this trilogy, teuthonia, the allies have to break into the bank to steal some gold bars (just like in Goldrush). In the third map, port_teuthonia, the allies start the map with owning the gold already and and need to bring the gold to a ship. The map then ends when the gold is loaded on the ship and after the anker has been lifted. So one story going over three maps.
Q. Do you make all maps by yourself or are you in coop with someone?
The three maps I published so far have been done essentially by myself. Of course, I had tons of questions down the line and received great technical help from various TWT members, most notable Acqu, Thunder and Mateos.
It’s not enough for the Nazis to simply subjugate the planet. When it comes to America (and, likely, the rest of the world), it’s all about taking Germany’s culture and forcing it on the local territories, to further enhance the Nazi Reich and irrevocably solidify their empire. That’s why the Nazis are even imposing their will on pop culture, taking what would have been iconic American TV shows and producing them with a uniquely German attitude. Last week we showed you Liesel, a popular TV program starring a plucky girl and her loyal fire-spewing Panzerhund. Today we have something a bit different: a TV game show that’s part propaganda and part preparation for the Great Changeover Day, when the American Territories officially adopt the German language. Watch an episode of German… or Else! right now to get a feel for life under Nazi tyranny in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.
German… or Else!
Already the most popular game show in the American Territories after just one staffel(season), German… or Else! is the fun and informative game show that prepares the American population of the Greater Reich to transition into their glorious German-only speaking future. Learn how to say undefeatable while you laugh at the silly contestants’ grammatical errors. Impress your friends at school by flawlessly pronouncing Herrenvolk– a word worth 200 points! The fun never ends in this instant-classic German game show. German… or Else! is filmed on location in the LA Media Tower.
These videos have been produced in partnership with MachineGames and Bethesda Softworks as part of the world-building in Wolfenstein II. Snippets of these videos will appear throughout the game. We’ll be releasing full versions of these videos in the next few months to give you a glimpse into the world that BJ Blazkowicz will be saving from Nazi oppression in The New Colossus.
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus releases on October 27, 2017, on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Announced at E3 2017, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus received four nominations from the official Game Critics Awards (including Best of Show) and won Best Action Game.
For more Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, check out these videos and features:
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus – Gunning for Freedom
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus – America Under Siege
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Revealed
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Collector’s Edition
This new map release from the “ET: Legacy” Devteam is a conversion of the original “Frostbite” custom map created by Moonkey. The source file is included in the .pk3. The visual improvements to the map are stunning, its look is now more akin to that of a modern, tribute version to a “Return to Castle Wolfenstein” singleplayer map, which only serves to add to the enjoyment of the gameplay.
• The player is now able to stop and revert the Storage Wall movement by activating the button again.
• The alarm now also sounds when the Service Door has been dynamited before the Storage Wall and Main Door.
• The entity count has been reduced from 479 to 348
• The structural mesh and “VIS” blocking has been improved.
• Visual changes have been made too.
Download the new map HERE